May Flowers Bring Bungle Showers


     What to say? Where to start? I guess I can start by saying I've been fine. Although I am still putting my health on the backburner. And keeping family, work and making music with Khaos Driver in the forefront of life. I have a bad habit of soft procrastination and heavy procrastination. The soft procrastination relies on less thinking and effort. The heavy procrastination involves an excessive amount of mental gymnastics and physical effort. It is not the way to live and I need to make an effort to change things. Fricken stress man. Getting older is one hell of a balance. Balancing food and drink. Work and play. Getting a little tired of it. Hoping it's a passing phase and the future is a good and positive one.

    A couple of events this May was fun. My band Khaos Driver played a show in Tonasket, WA. And I went to Seattle to watch Melvins & Mr. Bungle Geek Show. The Khaos Driver show was fun. But I had sound issues. That aspect of the show left a bad taste in my mouth. It makes me want to find a Craig Montgomery for Khoas Driver. Craig was Nirvana's soundman. He could walk in any venue and provide Nirvana with the best sound possible with band gear and house gear. So in essence, I want Khaos Driver to have their own Craig. Someone we (and I) could rely on for quality sound. That kind of help sounds to good to be true. But it's out there, I know it.

    Bungle! Bungle! Bungle! I have finally seen Mr. Bungle live and it was phenomenal to say the least. Ever since their return, I have been obsessed. They have evoked the thrash roots rage inside themselves and have brought their fountain of youth to the road. I have never seen Slayer with Dave Lombardo. But I seen him with Bungle. Never seen Anthrax. But I seen Scott Ian with Bungle. Thanks Mr. Bungle!! Spotlights started the show. They are a cool blend of high amplified shoegaze sludge. I imagine a bunch of thirsty boys in the crowd for the bass player (who is the lead singer/guitarists significant other by the way). Melvins fucking rule. There. I said it. No arguments. They are the best band to walk this spinning mud ball planet. My best friend I went to the show with stayed in the back. He was happy to be there and had fun. But whenever I see Melvins. I have to be as close as I can. They draw me in. It was on this night that I get a bit of a head butt (no worries, the person didn't even know he hit me if you can believe). The welt I got on my right brow had turned my eye into a shiner. So this whole week has been interesting with wearing sunglasses indoors. This whole, Bungle thing. I am amazed. I personally like they haven't went back too far into their discography. I mean, don't get me wrong, My Ass is on Fire 2023 is pretty dope. But it's definitely night and day in comparison to The Raging Wrath of the Easter Bunny Demo. Which in itself is a wonder. Don't understand? Let me explain. In the 80s, Mr. Bungle created a demo cassette for mail-order (I think they guerrilla inventoried record stores too I believe). It was called The Raging Wrath of the Easter Bunny. They make more cassette demos. Then vocalist Mike Patton joins Faith No More. In which gets Mr. Bungle signed to a major label. Mr. Bungle make three, to me, landmark albums. Do a few tours. Then boom, radio silence. During that radio silence, indeed, Mike Patton does a plethora of projects. While running an independant record label. Even a return with Faith No More. including album and tours. Then a few years ago, boom, bungle comes back. But it's not the Bungle that some have accustomed to. This in my opinion is a different Bungle beast altogether, yet, executing music written in the 80s (sans Evil Satan). Ever since the reunion. I watched the live stream. Bought the new album. Bought the live album (which was the live stream). Though I missed the first run of tours (right before the pandemic). I finally seen Bungle in the flesh. Time. Of. My. Life.

Lookin' forward to what June brings.

Here we go!

Ough)))


Recent earworm:


Select photos from my cell:












Comments

Popular Posts